Monday, March 9, 2015

Miles on Miles on Miles

I've nearly reached the halfway point in my training program!!  This past week, I ran a total of 40 miles, including a 16-mile long run on Saturday.  It was almost 70 degrees and sunny, and I went on another running adventure by running a route I had yet to do:  the I205 pedestrian path and Marine Drive.  It was a picture-perfect run on the Columbia River as the sun was setting.

My body felt great, with my legs pretty sore running back to Washington, as the I205 bridge is uphill.  I unfortunately ran out of Nuun replenisher at mile 12, and was starting to dehydrate.  I had to alternate walking and running the last two miles, but my legs felt relatively good.  I need to either scout water fountains before running a route, or plan to bring two bottles from now on.

The Shamrock Run 15K is this Sunday, and I'm looking forward to the challenging course (and of course, the beer and salmon chowder at the finish).

No comments:

Post a Comment